Here's a tip I picked up at the Duggar's web site.
STRETCH YOUR FABRIC SOFTNER
I have not yet tried this myself, but I intend to as soon as I finish up my dryer sheets.
1. Find a container with a tight screw top lid.
2. Put in one third fabric softner and two-thirds water.
3. Place 2-3 clean sponges in the mixture.
4. The next time you transfer a wet load to the dryer, squeeze the excess from the sponge and throw it into the dryer.
5. As you retrieve sponges from the dryer load throw them back into the container.
I think I might need to keep rubber gloves with this as well. Fabric softner and detergents are very rough on my hands. If you happen to try this before I do, let us know how it worked out for you!