Monday, April 6, 2009

Meal Plan Monday


It's that time of the week again! Since cooking once and using twice worked out so well last week, I'm doing it again this week! Here's my menu for the week:

Sunday: Grilled flank steak (save extra for Tues dinner) , mashed potatoes (make double for tomorrow), green beans, red cabbage.
Monday: Stuffed tomato basil bacon chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, peas, homemade rolls. (make extra marinated chicken breasts for dinner Thursday)
Tuesday: Flank steak over baby spinach strawberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Wednesday: Homemade chicken and rice soup, cheese slices, fruit and remaining homemade rolls from Monday dinner
Thursday: Chicken fajitas, refried beans, rice.
Friday: Spaghetti and tomato sauce
Saturday: BBQ chicken, broccoli slaw, baked beans

Of course for more ideas, check out Org Junkie's Meal Plan Monday for hundreds of meal plans!

Had a question about the spinach salad--The spinach salad is easy peasy. Baby spinach leaves, sliced strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette. Sometimes I add sliced celery or walnuts, but my kids don't typically like those. When I'm not pregnant sometimes I'll add goat cheese. Often it's a side salad, but if I want to make it a meal I top it with grilled chicken or steak. If you try it let me know what you think!