Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Behold, the power of coupons!

I had a *crazy* shopping weekend. I posted the run I did on Friday night, but then I also went back Saturday and did some more serious shopping. Saturday I got over $500 worth of groceries for $35.43 oop, but still had $15 in store catalinas to use on future purchases and a catalina for a free gallon of milk, and used those receipts for $51 worth of mail in rebates. So I MADE money buying over $500 worth of groceries.

So what did I get for $35.43? (sorry--no pictures--it was just too much stuff to set up for a picture and most needed to get in the freezer pretty quickly!)

2.5 lbs thin cut fajita steaks
13.33 lbs 90% ground beef
4.7 lbs stew meat
12 indiv beef shish kabobs
2.66 lbs ground turkey
130bottles Kraft BBQ sauce--all to be donated to food bank
4 1/2 gallons ice cream
5 cans OJ
2 cheese tombstone pizzas
1 pepperoni tombstone pizza
1 frosted mini wheats
2 Special K yogurt clusters
1 lb carrots
2 red peppers
1 green pepper
1 cucumber
2 oranges
8 fuji apples
3 pears
1 head green leaf lettuce
1 ex large tomato
2 lbs strawberries
8 bananas
2 lenders frozen bagels
2 tubs cool whip
1/3 lb American cheese
1 lg tub oxiclean
1 box ice cream sandwiches
2 kraft salad dressings
2 bottles A1
5 vitamin water
1 lb Kraft American cheese
2 sweet potatoes
6 ears corn

Then yesterday I went out for one final trip. I had $1/1 produce or frozen food item coupons that expired today that I wanted to use up.



For $10.07 I bought:
box frozen spinach
6 kiwi
1 cucumber
5.76 (14) fuji apples
3 half gallons ice cream
french fries
2 lenders bagels
2 bags Lays potato chips
9.92 lbs potatoes

Before learning how to combine coupons with sales and other promotions I never would have thought this was possible. I know have freezer stocked with meat, ice cream, veggies and bagels, tons of fresh produce and I'm able to donate a TON of bbq sauce to the food bank where I'm sure it will be appreciated!