Monday, June 29, 2009

June monthly spending - 8isGreat checks in

My June monthly budget GOAL for groceries, H&B items, baby items and cleaning supplies is $400/month for my family of ten. I have not switched to a cash system. I tried it for the first two weeks of June, but got off track.

An unusual expense that affected my OOP expenses this month was my oldest DD's HS graduation party which was a celebration I wasn't about to skimp on.
My OOP expenses for the above categories for my family was $553.83 for the month of June.I estimate that the graduation cost me approximately $127.95. If I subtract the graduation food expenses, which I intend to, my June bill was $425.88. Only $25.88 over my goal! I am sooo close!! I know I can meet it in July!
Once again, my goal for July is $400 for the same categories. If Frugal Momma can continue to fall below her goal each month, surely I can at least meet mine one month! :o)

I did quite a bit of stockpiling this month on really cheap or free items. I stocked up on canned tuna, toilet paper, cereal, Pampers, chicken and pork (and sugar free gum, too!) I also bought alot of Propel and Joint Juice. These two items were "teasers" they cost me nothing, they were only in my basket because purchasing them lowered the cost of the items I actually needed in my basket. If this confuses you read this post on MoneyMakers. I did get stopped by a fellow shopper who wanted to know if I was throwing a party for "old" people. I didn't know what he was talking about until I realized what I must look like selecting produce and dairy products with a cart filled with Joint Juice. Oh well. :o)
One thing that REALLY surprised me was that we purchased 50 gallons of milk in June! Insane!! There are only 30 days in the month! I guess with all the kids home from school we are going through more than normal. But to be honest I don't know what normal is. Never before have I counted how many gallons I bought. I just usually grab between 4 and 8 gallons when I am picking up milk. I am sure at least 3 gallons ended up down the drain. I told the kids how much milk we are drinking and asked them to help me reduce this for next month by placing their unfinished milk in the refrigerator or using smaller glasses so they don't over pour.
Here is what I bought in June. All this (not including the H&B items I forgot to save receipts from because I got them for free) cost me $553.83. I spent $425.88 for our family's needs and stockpiling for future family use plus $127.95 for a graduation party.

BABY
13 jumbo bags Pampers
2 pkgs GoodNites
1 Baby bath wash

HEALTH & BEAUTY
I didn’t save my receipts from all the free items I got at CVS and Wags (I figured because I spent zero I didn’t need to keep my receipts – I’ll remember this next month)
I know I bought 1 large shampoo, 2 large conditioners, razors, 2 sun blocks, etc.

PRODUCE
Tomatoes (Roma) 1 lb.
Granny Smith Apples 2.12 lbs.
5 Avacados
Bananas 18.21 lbs
Green Onions
Fresh Express Spinach
Green Leaf Lettuce 3
Vidalia Onion 1.08 lb
Tomatoes (large slicing) 2.92 lbs
Cucumbers 2
Cherry tomatoes 1 pkg.
Strawberries 1 pkg
5 lb red potatoes
1.15 Peaches
1 bag baby spinach
Fresh Express Chef salad
Fresh Express cranberry pecan salad finishers

MISC
Freezer Jam Pectin
Ketchup 3
Mayo 4
A1 Steak sauce 4
Charcoal 2
Ice 3 10-lb bags
Jarred cherries 1

MEAT/SEAFOOD
3 Angus London Broil
Perdue Split Chicken Breasts 14.87 lbs
20 hamburgers
10 packages of Boneless Pork Tenderloin
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken breasts
1 one lb. pkg Ground beef
2 OM hot dogs
2 lb. cooked shrimp

DELI
1.57 lb Turkey breast
1 lb honey ham

FROZEN
4 Apple juice concentrate
6 OJ concentrate
4 sherbert tubs
Ice cream 3 Bryers
7 DiGiorno Pizzas
3 personal store band pizzas
1 Puff Pastry Sheet
2 Ocean Spray Cranberry juice
3 10# bags ice

PASTA
3Egg noodles
22 Ramen Noodles (individual)
1 Manacotti
3 Spaghetti
6 Elbow Macaroni
2 Penne

BREAD/BAKERY
8 loaves Pepperidge Farm Rye/Pumpernickle Swirl
1 loaf Honey Wheat
8 loaves wheat bread
Entemann’s Doghnuts
½ Sheet Cake
4 packages hamburger buns
4 packages hot dog buns

CEREAL
4 Rice Krispies
6 Kix
4 Multi Grain Cheerios 2
1 Cheerios
4 Frosted Mini Wheats

CANNED/JARRED
1 OEP Enchilada Sauce
2 Chicken Noodle soup
1 jar roasted red bell peppers
5 Cream of Chicken Soup
1 jar cocktail sauce
1 jar maraschino cherries
74 cans of tuna (total cost $32.68)
1 Peanut butter
1 Tomato paste
1 mushrooms
6 black beans
9 OEP refried beans
4 Tomatoes and green chilies

DAIRY
50 Gallons Milk - Woah! Who knew!
5 twelve count eggs
2 eighteen count eggs
2 Cream cheese
27 Cheese shredded (these were a $ maker at HT)
6 Cheese blocks
36 Yogurt (individual)
1 Whipped cream
2 Cool Whip
2 packages of 4 sticks butter
10 Sour cream (these don't expire until 10/09)
3 Refrigerated dough
3 Ricotta Cheese

HOUSEHOLD
1 Downy
6 boxes Hefty Kitchen garbage bags
9 boxes Hefty One Zip bags
8 packages Chinet Casuals Lunch Plates
2 packages Chinet Dessert Plates
2 Greased Lightning
4 Hot Shot Insect/wasp spray
6 Packages of 12 rolls of Scott Bath Tissue

BEVERAGES
108 Joint Juice individual bottles (&Maker at Safeway)
49 Propel individual bottles($Maker at Safeway)
7 2L bottles Soda
5 Energy Drink
9 Individual canned soda

BAKING
1 McCormick Rum Extract
1 McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
1 McCormick Almond Extract
3 small McCormick cinnamon
Molasses
3 bags of Flour
10 packages of Muffin Mix
10 boxes BC Brownie Mix
1 Shortening
2 Jello pudding
8 Pancake Mix
1 Pancake Syrup
1 Olive Oil
1 Vegetable oil

SPICES
McCormick Oregano Leaves

COOKIES/CRACKERS
5 Ritz
5 Wheat Thins

CHIPS
11 Potato chips
1 Corn Chips
1 Pretzel Rods

CANDY
10 Individual Candy Bars 10 (total cost .89)
51 FoodLion brand gum (total cost $4.59)