Monday, January 18, 2010

Meal Plan Monday


Sorry I missed posting last week's meals. I'll post them below this week's current menu.

While I'm not participating *really* in the Eat From the Pantry challenge, I have been trying to use up what we have and have gone back to my cash only grocery system which I got away from after baby #5 was born. I'm amazed how much just using cash and being intentional in my tracking has saved us!

This week I'm cleaning out the freezer.

Sunday: Leftover Italian pasta soup (from last week), biscuits, canned peaches and sliced apples. Chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for dessert.

Monday: Stromboli (ham or pepperoni), carrots.

Tuesday: Pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, peas. Here's the full article for "fool-proof" grilled pork tenderloin. Includes brining tip and cooking instructions.

Wednesday: Chicken mushroom casserole (from freezer), broccoli, 5 minute Artisan bread.

Thursday: Pulled bbq chicken sandwiches. (shredded chicken from the freezer and homemade burger rolls from the freezer as well.) sweet potato fries, raw veggies.

Friday: Baked salmon, rice (make extra for Saturday), peas.

Saturday: Pork fried rice (with leftover tenderloin from Tuesday)

And last week:

Saturday: Trader Joes orange chicken, rice, brocolli

Sunday: Chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes, fruit.

Monday: Tomato, basil, spinach chicken over pasta.

Tuesday: Italian veggie soup, homemade rolls

Wednesday: Burgers, fries, apples

Thursday: Marsala chicken, leftover pasta from Monday.

Friday: Black beans and rice. (mix 1 can black beans with one can tomatoes and diced chilies)

Saturday: spaghetti and salad at 8isgreat's house.

As always, for more ideas check out Org Junkie!